The Hundredth Monkey and NESARA
by Ken Keyes, Jr.
First published in this website on December 1, 2003. Taken from: http://www.spiritual.com.au. This article has been edited by removing the mentioning to www.fourwinds10.com and replacing it with www.nesara.us as the official site to gather additional information on NESARA. You can get also quite a wealth of information on NESARA from this website.
See NESARA resume at: http://www.luisprada.com/Protected/NESARA_law.htm . NESARA Yes! NESARA Now!
The Japanese monkey, Macaca Fuscata, had been observed in the wild for a period of over 30 years.
In 1952, on the island of Koshima, scientists were providing monkeys with sweet potatoes dropped in the sand. The monkeys liked the taste of the raw sweet potatoes, but they found the dirt unpleasant. An 18-month-old female named Imo found she could solve the problem by washing the potatoes in a nearby stream. She taught this trick to her mother. Her playmates also learned this new way and they taught their mothers too.
This cultural innovation was gradually picked up by various monkeys before the eyes of the scientists. Between 1952 and 1958 all the young monkeys learned to wash the sandy sweet potatoes to make them more palatable. Only the adults who imitated their children learned this social improvement. Other adults kept eating the dirty sweet potatoes.
Then something startling took place. In the autumn of 1958, a certain number of Koshima monkeys were washing sweet potatoes —the exact number is not known.
Let us suppose that when the sun rose one morning there were 99 monkeys on Koshima Island who had learned to wash their sweet potatoes. Let's further suppose that later that morning, the hundredth monkey learned to wash potatoes.
THEN IT HAPPENED!
By that evening almost everyone in the tribe was washing sweet potatoes before eating them. The added energy of this hundredth monkey somehow created an ideological breakthrough!
But notice. A most surprising thing observed by these scientists was that the habit of washing sweet potatoes then jumped over the sea.
Colonies of monkeys on other islands and the mainland troop of monkeys at Takasakiyama began washing their sweet potatoes.
Thus, when a certain critical number achieves an awareness, this new awareness may be communicated from mind to mind. Although the exact number may vary, this Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon means that when only a limited number of people know of a new way, it may remain the conscious property of these people. But there is a point at which if only one more person tunes-in to a new awareness, a field is strengthened so that this awareness is picked up by almost everyone!
I know it’s hard to talk to people about NESARA without looking like a crackpot. But is SO important that we DO talk about it. The very NEXT person YOU tell about NESARA could be the 100th Monkey! Here are some things YOU can do today:
1. Go to the www.nesara.us website, download and print some flyers. Post those flyers on ever free bulletin board you can find in your community. There shouldn’t be any restrictions because it is a non-commercial flyer.
2. Write a press release for your local newspaper. Send it to the features editor. He or she may not publish it, but the very action of sending it makes one more person aware of NESARA. THAT person could be the 100th Monkey! By the way, if you are GOOD at writing press releases, perhaps you should send a copy to www.nesara.us and ask them to post it so that the rest of us can copy it and send it to OUR local papers. [Editor's Note: Or send you release to this website and we will publish it here for you.]
3. Many local talk radio stations have call-in shows. When appropriate, call those shows and mention NESARA and www.nesara.us.
4. Place NESARA flyers on phone booths or at gas pumps.
5. Ask Business Friends to pay for Highway Billboards announcing NESARA...
These are just a few ideas we can try. If each of us gets the word out to just 10 more people, 100,000 becomes one million. One million becomes 10 million. Who knows when we will hit the “critical mass?”….the Hundredth Monkey? We can’t control the media. We can’t control the government. But we CAN get the word out. Do it today! NESARA NOW! NESARA YES!